Blade Runner Quote

    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die." To many this quote symbolizes how when we die everything we know and everything we are drifts away into nothing. All the memories we hold dear and true wash away with the rain and are forgotten. For me, I do not believe this is true. I believe others hold our memories with them and we continue to live through those still alive. I lost my brother not long ago and one of the importants things he taught me was to make memories. By making memories with other people you are truly living and will not be forgotten. By making memories you are experiencing the world and doing things worth remembering. By making memories with others you will forever live with them even long after you have passed. My brother continues to live with me through the memories we have made together. Just because he is gone does not mean all the memories I have with him are gone too. Even after I have passed he will continue to live on through the stories I tell the my friends and children just like I will continue to live through them. Roy will continue to live through Deckard and his ideas will be present in all of Deckard's memories. Just because we die does not mean we all forgotten and washed away in the rain. We continue to live and are always remembered by those who love us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Death, and Robots

Hon 255 Final Thoughts

Final Project