The Matrix Debate

    Choosing between the red and blue pill is a choice that will change your life forever. Deciding to pick one over the other is greatly impacted by who you are as a person and how you can change the world. As someone who is not a strong willed person I do not believe taking the red pill would be the right choice for me. In order for someone to take the red pill they need to be confident in who they are and strong enough to do what is necessary in order to defeat the robots. The red pill allows the person who takes it to have free will but it also puts them right into the middle of the fight. Morpheus very strategically picks who he offers the red pill to and he chooses those with strong minds who can handle going back into the matrix knowing what it truly is. There are many people who would not be strong enough to do this. Many people's minds would collapse going back into the matrix knowing it was all fake. The blue pill allows those who are not ready and not strong enough to fight to continue to live there life in peace. If I was Nio at the time Morpheus asked me pick a pill I would take I would chose the blue pill. I would take the blue pill not necessarily because I want to live in ignorance but because I do not know I can trust Morpheus. There are a lot of questions Nio has at that point in the movie and I would rather discover the truth myself than allow someone else to manipulate my perspective of the truth. The blue pill allows those who are not strong enough to fight to live happily. The red pill was designed for the mentally strong who are not happy with their current live and want to know what else is out there. For those of us who have a family, have great friends, and are happy with our lives we are willing to live in ignorance if it means we get to hang on to the love we have for just a little bit longer. Choosing the blue pill does not mean ignorance but it means the life you are living now is one you are happy with and want to continue. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Death, and Robots

Hon 255 Final Thoughts

Final Project